This site is a personalized, online tool that displays an individual snapshot of the compensation, benefits and other rewards Assurant provides to support you and your family, along with information regarding retirement preparedness, for your short- and long-term financial goals, all in one place.
Access this easy-to-use online tool 24/7 from your computer or mobile device. Look under the "Tools and Resources" tab on the home page of Connect and click on the tile. The secure site is updated quarterly, with some data continuously updated. Newly hired employees will have access to their data in approximately 90 days after they join Assurant.
Vanguard – Retirement
Assurant offers several ways for you to save for retirement through either a pretax, traditional after-tax or Roth 401(k) option. Don't miss out on the company match - Assurant will match up to a maximum 6% of your 401(k) pretax and Roth contributions.
Visit Vanguard.com to see if you’re on track for retirement, learn about creating an estate plan, get tips on paying off student loans, and view many more financial wellbeing topics from the experts. And while you're there, it's a great time to confirm your 401(k) Plan beneficiary information. Remember, saving matters and it's never too late – or too early – to start saving.
Anthem Find Care Tool for health plan enrollees
Did you know that doctors and hospitals don’t all charge the same price for the same service? This might make a difference if you have to pay for some or all of the costs out of your pocket, but you don’t have to guess what it might be. Care & Cost Finder helps you compare costs for common health care services. Estimates are based on what your plan covers, so you get a true picture of what you’d pay.
Need a Doctor?
Care & Cost Finder also makes it quick and simple to find high-quality doctors, hospitals and other health care professionals in your plan. You can get detailed information, including:
- Specialties and quality ratings
- Side-by-side comparisons of different doctors
- If a doctor is accepting new patients
WINFertility for adoption and surrogacy
To support you in growing your family through adoption and surrogacy, Assurant has partnered with WINFertility (WIN), a recognized leader in managing family-building benefits. WIN provides specialized advocacy and support for fertility, adoption and surrogacy options.
Employees may receive up to $20,000 total financial assistance for costs associated with qualifying adoption and/or surrogacy services that are legally finalized on or after Jan. 1, 2022.
WIN provides support and care throughout your adoption journey including adoption education and claim processing.
If you’re interested in surrogacy, WIN can direct you to one of the several surrogacy agencies in WIN's network. Each WIN surrogacy agency offers a full range of services and you'll receive pre-negotiated discounts when you use one of WIN’s participating agencies. These agencies have been selected based on their professionalism, compliance, and quality measures. Only credentialed agencies with 10+ years of experience who assist with more than 100 surrogacy births per year participate in WIN’s network.
For more detailed information, review the Assurant Health and Welfare Summary Plan Description.
- Download the WIN Companion App - Use Assurant employer code: AIZ22
Health Savings Account (for health plan enrollees in the Green or Orange health plan)
- Save money on a tax-free basis to help pay for out-of-pocket health care expenses, including in retirement.
- Make your own pretax contributions and take advantage of Assurant’s contributions.
- anthem.com > Care > Care & Cost Finder.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
An FSA (not to be confused with an HSA) can be used for medical expenses, dental care and vision care depending on which medical plan you are enrolled in. The amount you decide to contribute up to the IRS limits to the account for the year is deducted from your salary before income taxes. This reduces your taxable income, saving you money on taxes. When choosing an amount to contribute, keep in mind that FSAs are a “use it or lose it” account. Any unused funds at the end of the year will be forfeited.
Assurant offers three FSAs:
- The Health Care FSA (for Blue health plan participants): Use to pay for eligible out-of-pocket medical, prescription, dental and vision expenses.
- The Limited Purpose FSA (for Green or Orange health plan participants): Use to pay for qualified out-of-pocket dental and vision expenses ONLY.
- The Dependent Day Care FSA: Use to cover your cost of elder care or child care for children up to age 13.
- anthem.com > My Plans > Spending Accounts
MetLife VisionAccess Program:
- MetLife VisionAccess is a discount program that helps you save and stay on top of your care. You get great discounts that couldn’t be easier to use — just visit one of the thousands of participating private practice ophthalmologists and optometrists.
- Buy discounted frames, lenses or contacts.
- Using your discount is simple. Just provide your program code, MET2020, when making an appointment or receiving services or materials.
- Say "Vision" then select option 2 (MetLife VisionAccess Discount Program)
Anthem Eyewear Special Offers for health plan enrollees:
- If you are enrolled in the Assurant health plan, you can take advantage of vision discounts on vision care services and materials. There is no limit to the number of times you can receive discounts on purchases and will have access to a large provider network including: Independent Provider Network, LensCrafters, Pearle Vision and Optical.
- Simply present your Anthem ID card to a participating provider at the time of service to obtain your discounts.
- Click here to learn more or locate the nearest provider.
Commuter Benefits Program
A commuter account is a pretax benefit account used to pay for public transit—including train, subway, bus, ferry or vanpool—as part of your daily commute to and from work. It’s a great way to put extra money in your pocket each month and make your commute more convenient and affordable.
You can enroll by visiting the HealthEquity/WageWorks website at wageworks.com. New users can register by clicking on the “Register with WageWorks Now” link. You can enroll, change or terminate your pretax deductions at any time on a prospective basis. Generally (though there may be some variations by state), elections and changes must be in by the 10th of the month in order to be effective for the following month.
Alliant Credit Union
Are you financially prepared for life’s twists and turns? Life happens when you least expect it, but you don’t have to go through the ups and downs alone. When you start an emergency fund with Alliant High-Rate Savings and Checking accounts, you could be ready for whatever comes your way and enjoy the ride.
Alliant can also help you reach your other financial goals by giving you excellent rates on loans and deposits, convenient 24/7 access and tips to guide you along the way.
Prepare for an unexpected life event with unplanned expenses to ensure your own financial security.
Employee Renters Insurance
Assurant is a leading provider of renters insurance programs to the multi-family industry. Employees can protect their own belongings with Assurant Renters Insurance.
While protecting what matters most to you, you’ll also contribute to a rewarding cause. If an Assurant employee purchases Renter’s Insurance directly from Assurant, 10 percent of the ongoing premium will be donated by Assurant toward the Assurant Cares Employee Support (ACES) Fund.
LegalEASE Legal Assistance Plan
Nobody likes to be caught off guard, especially when it comes to legal matters. Life can be complicated. Finding a good attorney doesn’t have to be. With a LegalEASE insurance plan, it’s easy to choose the best attorney, because you get assistance from highly trained and qualified personal specialists who review the details of local attorneys and help you find your best source for legal advice. Being a LegalEASE insurance plan member saves you time and costly legal fees. But most importantly, it gives you confidence and provides coverage for common legal matters.
- As a member, you will have access to a broad range of prepaid legal services through a large network of professional attorneys.
- All employees (even if you’re not a member) can take advantage of free legal resources online through the Legal Corner. Includes legal topics and special help centers such as Traffic Court Representation or Women and the Law, and an online DIY Virtual Will Center.
- Non-members can also access the LegalEASE network of attorneys and receive one free 30-minute consultation per topic and a 15% discount off the hourly rate.
- 1-800-248-9000 (Enrollment Hotline)
- 1-888-416-4313 (Member Services)
Assurant Employee Discounts
Did you know that just by being an employee of Assurant, you're eligible for an array of cool discounts?
On the Assurant Employee Discount site on Connect, you'll find details on the various discounts available to employees, many of which are offered through our client partners.
For your convenience, the offerings are organized by category: auto dealers, end-of-life planning, electronics, financial services, household services, rental and vacation/recreation.
You’re encouraged to take full advantage of the Tuition Reimbursement Plan. The purpose of the program is to help share the cost of continuing your education so that you may gain, maintain or improve your business-related knowledge. All courses must be part of a business-related degree program.
Generally, courses in business administration, accounting, marketing, or other programs that are related to the company’s operations qualify. Courses must be provided by an accredited college or university. A list of institutions accredited by the U.S. Secretary of Education is available through the U.S. Department of Education Website. All courses should be scheduled outside of normal work hours and should not interfere with your work.
To learn more on how the plan works, visit AskHR.
Employee Stock Purchase Plan (enrollment offered twice a year)
Did you know that you can acquire an ownership stake in the company at a discount?
The Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) allows you to buy shares of Assurant stock at a discount with funds that you contribute through after-tax payroll deductions. Eligible Assurant employees who enroll can purchase Assurant stock at a 10% discount during the two offering periods each calendar year. Click here to learn more.
Short- and Long-Term Disability
Sometimes, your dependent’s regular day care falls through. Assurant has teamed up with Bright Horizons to provide back-up care when you’re in a bind. Assurant will subsidize up to seven uses per year for care of your dependent children or dependent adults through Bright Horizons’ national network of qualified facilities and caregivers.
- 1-877-BH-CARES (242-2737)
- Username: assurant (case sensitive)
- Password: Assurant123 (case sensitive)
Rx Savings Solutions for health plan enrollees
Rx Savings Solutions is a confidential service that gives you and your covered dependents personalized prescription guidance at no cost to help you save money. Even if you or your family aren't currently taking any prescriptions, there's value in activating this free pharmacy service to be alerted of future savings, use the online portal to price any drug, or look up pharmacies in your network. Rx Savings Solutions does not replace your CVS Caremark’s prescription drug benefits. It’s an additional resource you can use to save money on your prescriptions. Participants save an average of $455 annually!
Click here for a 1.5 minute overview video.